This Turkish Apple blend is a sweet, aromatic fruity tea which is equally delightful hot and cold. The rose and vanilla give it that Turkish Delight base flavour, the spices add depth, and the sweetness of the apple and tang of the orange round it out to be a perfectly charming blend.
We work in ‘parts’ rather than measurements; that way you can make up enough for just one cup or a whole army of teapots without wondering about converting measurements. Using a tablespoon as your measurement unit will yield enough for 2-3 pots of tea. 💕
Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly dried so no residual moisture causes the blend to clump, as this can lead to spoilage over time.
Hooray for zero-waste tea!
- 8 parts dried apple. Pink Lady is perfect for this tea.
- 3 parts dried orange (peel & all)
- 2 parts dried rose petals
- 1/2 part cinnamon quill
- 1/2 part green cardamon pods
- 1/2 part whole cloves
- 1/2 part vanilla pod
Chop all dehydrated ingredients to be roughly the size of the cardamon pods, crumble the cinnamon quills, and then mix everything together.
Store in an airtight container. Use 1-2 teaspoons per cup, and steep in boiling water for 5+ minutes for best flavour.
- You want everything chopped into small pieces – around the size of the cardamon pods – so the flavour steeps our easily and evenly.
- All rose petals will work, but certain varieties give better flavour, and rosebuds often have more fragrance than opened petals, so experiment a bit if you’re drying your own. You can buy dried rose buds for tea-making from Asian supermarkets if that makes things easier.